Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Number of Vacancies : 03
Project Name: Score Youth Activity
Duty station: VAVUNIYA -MONERGALA -COLOMBO
Duration of Appointment: 1 year
Language required: Fluent English and Sinhala or Tamil in verbal and written communications
Expected Starting Date: Immediate
International Youth Alliances for Peace (IYAP) is a youth led/based organization which is founded on the 21st of November 2013, and operated from the heart of Colombo, Sri Lanka. International Youth Alliance for Peace (IYAP) believes that young people are the backbone of the country, who have the energy as well as the creativity along with the willingness and ability to perform tasks differently. They, are a vital asset to the development of their countries and communities, and with the right guidance and support, they have the ability to become influential leaders of positive change. Our aim is to see young people undertaking leadership roles in addressing the most urgent issues of the world, supported by their communities, civil society, government, and businesses. Accordingly, each year we provide extensive training and facilitation for approximately 500 to 1,000 passionate young leaders, who can grow their potential and receive strategic support to lead community development initiatives. These dedicated and passionate young leaders then implement community development initiatives engaging thousands of young people across the country.
About SCORE Youth Activity (SYA)
Global Communities is implementing the Social Cohesion and Reconciliation (SCORE) Activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), in partnership with International Youth Alliance for Peace. The purpose of the SCORE Activity is to strengthen Sri Lankan efforts to advance social cohesion and reconciliation. The SCORE Youth Activity (SYA) aims to bolster opportunities for youth civic engagement, leadership, and resilience to extremism and to provide youth the skills and abilities to promote social cohesion and reconciliation. SYA will empower youth through gender-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions. SYA will target youth between the ages of 18 to 29 to improve their civic awareness, leadership skills, participation in community improvements and decision-making processes, and resilience to extremism.
Degree of expertise and Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a development-related field, i.e. International Relations, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences or Public Administration.
- A minimum of 2 years directly applicable experience in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design of monitoring and evaluation tools at the systemic level in development contexts.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning.
- Proven experience with statistical applications and data analysis; familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative information analysis tools.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Sinhala and/or Tamil.
- Proficient computer literacy, specifically Excel and Word and in the development of MIS software using database software / or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
- Excellent interpersonal, consensus building and negotiating skills essential.
- Travel out of Colombo to project locations will be required.
Reporting, Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Collect baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Update the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist on the progress.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyses and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project Director with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director
- The M&E Officer reports to the M&E Specialist and the Project Director