Post Title: Training Facilitators
Project Name: Score Youth Activity
Duty station: (2 per district X 14 districts for a total of 28)
Duration of Appointment: 1 year
Language required: Fluent English and Sinhala and/or Tamil in verbal and written communications
Expected Starting Date: Immediate
International Youth Alliances for Peace (IYAP) is a youth led/based organization which is founded on the 21st of November 2013, and operated from the heart of Colombo, Sri Lanka. International Youth Alliance for Peace (IYAP) believes that young people are the backbone of the country, who have the energy as well as the creativity along with the willingness and ability to perform tasks differently. They, are a vital asset to the development of their countries and communities, and with the right guidance and support, they have the ability to become influential leaders of positive change. Our aim is to see young people undertaking leadership roles in addressing the most urgent issues of the world, supported by their communities, civil society, government, and businesses. Accordingly, each year we provide extensive training and facilitation for approximately 500 to 1,000 passionate young leaders, who can grow their potential and receive strategic support to lead community development initiatives. These dedicated and passionate young leaders then implement community development initiatives engaging thousands of young people across the country.
About SCORE Youth Activity (SYA)
Global Communities is implementing the Social Cohesion and Reconciliation (SCORE) Activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), in partnership with International Youth Alliance for Peace. The purpose of the SCORE Activity is to strengthen Sri Lankan efforts to advance social cohesion and reconciliation. The SCORE Youth Activity (SYA) aims to bolster opportunities for youth civic engagement, leadership, and resilience to extremism and to provide youth the skills and abilities to promote social cohesion and reconciliation. SYA will empower youth through gender-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions. SYA will target youth between the ages of 18 to 29 to improve their civic awareness, leadership skills, participation in community improvements and decision-making processes, and resilience to extremism.
Degree of expertise and Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in Development Studies, social sciences or relevant discipline with minimum three-year experience in development sector especially advocacy related projects.
- Minimum Three-years’ experience of delivering interactive trainings for communities specifically for youth. Experience and exposure in thematic areas such as youth engagement, entrepreneurship development, social cohesion and reconciliation, conflict transformation, personality development, etc would be a definite advantage.
- Practical understanding on training cycle, adult learning principles and experiential learning tools and techniques.
- Operational knowledge of community-based advocacy project.
- Good understanding of Human Rights, Child Rights, Gender and Rights Based Approaches.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Written and oral proficiency in the English language and Sinhala and / or Tamil
- Above average computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in project reporting and monitoring.
- Knowledge of the geographical areas and able to travel to remote locations.
- Flexible and ability to multi task and prioritize daily workload and carry out tasks unsupervised.
- Proactive and must be able to work with tight schedules.
- Resourcefulness, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment with sensitivity and respect.
Duties and Responsibilities
Training Facilitator is responsible for the execution of capacity building trainings for selected beneficiaries of SYA within the allocated district/s based on the given curriculum. Training Facilitators will be provided a comprehensive Training of Trainers (ToT) on the along with a module and complete package to deliver district level trainings. Training Facilitator should closely work with the Master Trainers, project director, IYAP staff as well as SCORE staff in performing his/her duties. Special duties of the position include;
- Participate in Training of Trainers Programme on customized training module for SYA and subsequent orientation sessions.
- Carefully refer the comprehensive training package and prepare for district training with customized materials including PowerPoint Presentation, activity guides, Handouts, pre/ post evaluations, etc. for the delivery of trainings.
- Contribute to develop district training plan and deliver district level trainings and weekly/monthly experience sharing sessions with the guidance of Master Trainers, based on the developed curriculum
- Conduct after action reviews with Master trainers, provide necessary inputs for further development/ modifications of the curriculum
- Support project staff to plan, organize and coordinate trainings by providing technical support in areas such as budgeting, venue selection, logistic arrangements, training material and equipment preparations, etc.
- Ensure the integration of SCORE/IYAP cross cutting themes in all training activities; Gender and social inclusion, Child Protection, Education, Livelihoods, Disability and Do No Harm
Reporting, Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- Reports to the Master Trainers and Internship Managers
- Conducts after action reviews after each training with Master Trainers, Project Staff and SCORE representatives
- Prepare training reports for each training conducted.
- Provide inputs for weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Participate in monthly review meetings with IYAP & SCORE
- Work closely with IYAP programme officer to develop requests / reports that will ensure adequate resources are mobilized on time for project implementation